hosted by Laverne Diede & Rhonda Fitterer
- 3 Golden Delicious apples, peeled, cored and quartered
- 3 Fuji apples, peeled, cored and quartered
- 1 cup apple juice
- 2 Tbsps. cognac or brandy, or apricot juice
- 2 Tbsps. butter
- 3 Tbsps. honey
- 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
In a large saucepan, combine the apples and remaining ingredients. Bring to a soft boil and continue cooking until the apples are soft, 20-30 minutes. Used a hand blender or potato masher, blend to desired consistency. Serve warm immediately or chill for later use.
- 3 Tbsps. butter
- 10 tart apples, peeled, cored and sliced
- 1-2 tsps. cinnamon
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup water or apple cider
Melt butter in a skillet, then add the remaining ingredients. Simmer over medium heat, covered, until the apples are tender. Remove the lid from the pan and continue to cook until the liquid has reduced to a thick syrup, sitting occasionally, about 15 minutes. Delicious over vanilla ice cream.
Squash Apple Bake
- 2 lb. butternut or buttercup squash
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 6 Tbsps. butter
- 2 tart apples, cut in large chunks
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Remove skin and fiber from squash, cut into chunks. Place into a greased 9” x 13” pan. Place apples on top and around squash. Mix sugar, flour, salt, and cinnamon; sprinkle over the apples. Dot with butter. Bake covered for 50-60 minutes.