hosted by Laverne Diede & Rhonda Fitterer
- 3 cups pasta (Bowtie, medium shells, wagon wheels, penne)
- 1 lb. lean hamburger
- 1 lb fresh asparagus cut into 1” pieces
- 3 Tbsp. olive oil
- ¼ cup finely grated chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- Salt & pepper
- ½ cup freshly grated parmesan cheese divided
Cook pasta in boiling water 8-9 minutes until almost al dente. Add asparagus and continue cooking 4-5 minutes until pasta and asparagus are soft. Drain well. Brown hamburger until no longer pink. Remove from skillet and drain. Heat oil in skillet until hot, add onion & garlic. Cook 3-4 minutes until tender.
Remove from heat, add hamburger and season with salt and pepper.
Add pasta, asparagus & ½ of the cheese. Toss well and sprinkle remaining cheese. Serves 4
- 4 eggs beaten
- 1 ½ cup sugar
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tsp each of cinnamon and baking powder
- ¼ tsp. each of soda. Salt and nutmeg
- 1 ½ cups diced apples
- ½ cup nuts
Mix sugar & eggs, add dry ingredients. Fold in apples & nuts. Bake in greased 9 x 13 pan 45 minutes 350 degrees.
- ½ cup white sugar and brown sugar
- 1 cup cream
- ½ cup butter
- Mix and boil. Set aside to cool