hosted by Laverne Diede & Rhonda Fitterer
Nacho Potato Soup
- 1 package (5 ¼ oz.) au gratin potatoes
- 1 can (11 oz.) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 can (10 oz.) diced tomatoes with green chilies, undrained
- 4 cups water
- 2 cups milk
- 2 cups cubed American cheese
- Dash hot pepper sauce
- Minced fresh parsley, optional
In a 3 quart saucepan, combine the contents of the potato package, corn, tomatoes and water; mix well. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-18 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Add milk, cheese and hot pepper sauce; cook until the cheese is melted. Garnish with parsley if desired.
- 3 cups sifted flour
- 3 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 can beer – 12 oz.
- 1/2 cup melted butter
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Mix dry ingredients and beer until combined, don’t over mix. Pour into one large greased loaf pan, or four mini loaf pans. Bake for one hour, remove from pan and cool for at least 15 minutes before cutting.