hosted by Laverne Diede & Rhonda Fitterer
- 8 oz. spaghetti
- 2 cups grape tomatoes, halved
- 2 jalapeno peppers, stemmed, seeded, and halved lengthwise
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1/2 yellow onion
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 2 Tbsp. flour
- 2 cups whole milk, plus more as needed
- 2 cups grated cheddar cheese
- 2 cups grated Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp cayenne
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro, plus more for topping
- 2 tsp fresh lime juice
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 4 cups shredded cooked chicken
Lightly grease a 12-inch skillet. Cook spaghetti according to package directions in a pot of boiling salted water. Drain, rinse and transfer to skillet.
Meanwhile, turn on broiler, place grape tomatoes and jalapenos on a foil-lined baking sheet, skin side up, along with garlic cloves and onion. Broil 5-7 minutes on a rack places 6 inches away from heat. Remove from oven. Let vegetables cool, and dice. Reduce oven to 350 degrees
Melt butter in a saucepan over medium-low heat. Whisk in flour until well combined and slightly browned, about 30 seconds. Slowly pour in milk and cook, stirring, until sauce thickens to coat spoon, 3-5 minutes.
Turn off heat and slowly stir in half the cheeses, about 1/4 cup at a time, until melted into sauce. Stir in diced vegetables, along with cumin, cayenne, cilantro, and lime juice. Add salt and pepper. Pour sauce into cooked spaghetti and sir in shredded chicken. Top with remaining cheeses. Bake, uncovered, 20 minutes or until brown and bubbling. Sprinkle with cilantro
No-Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars
- 2 cups peanut butter, divided
- 3/4 cup (1 ½ sticks) butter, softened
- 2 cups powdered sugar, divided
- 3 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 2 cups (12-ounce package) semi-sweet chocolate mini chips, divided
Grease 13×9 inch baking pan. Beat 1 1/4 cups peanut butter and butter in a large mixing bowl until creamy. Gradually beat in 1 cup powdered sugar. With hands or wooden spoon, work in remaining powdered sugar, graham cracker crumbs and 1/2 cup morsels. Press evenly into prepared pan. Smooth top with spatula.
Melt remaining peanut butter and remaining chocolate chips in saucepan over low heat, stirring constantly (or 1-2 minutes in microwave) until smooth. Spread over graham cracker crust in pan. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour or until chocolate is firm; cut into bars. Store in refrigerator.