The Construction Technician works on various construction projects performing a variety of tasks. The Construction Supervisor will assign specific job duties to ensure coverage of all responsibilities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities- other duties may be assigned:
- Operate construction machinery- vibratory plow, trencher, and backhoe;
- Install and or repair underground and aerial cable, pedestals, and residential and commercial inside wiring; Splice cable to include buried, aerial and fiber optic; Mounts demarcation devices and protectors at customer premises; Wires load coil into subscriber loop plant;
- Draw and complete staking sheets and material sheets;
- Perform maintenance on construction equipment;
- Assist other employees as assigned.
Position and advancement within the wage range established for this position are dependent upon performance and the scope of the duties and responsibilities assigned.
Education/Training and/or work experience in related field.
Experience operating construction equipment, splicing cable, placing pedestals and placement of underground and aerial cable.
Dexterity in operating construction equipment and various tools. Good organizational and problem solving skills. Ability to work under stressful conditions at times, with frequent interruptions. Promptness and good record of attendance. Aptitude for working with numbers and accuracy, and ability to do repetitive tasks. Self Starter – able to work with minimal supervision. Team worker – good communication skills in working with other staff in sharing information and problem solving. Must recognize that one of the most important performance areas in which the company functions is that of customer relations; to insure continued growth and success of the company, the best possible courteous and friendly relationship with the customer must be maintained.
This position may require occasional overtime. Heavy lifting and physical labor on a regular basis.
The Construction Technician reports to the Construction Supervisor.
Establishes and maintains close working relations with other plant staff.
Frequent encounters with customers while working on assigned projects.
- Specialized training;
- Plant construction experience;
- Valid Driver’s License;
- Ability to operate and maintain various construction equipment;
- Ability to install wiring;
- Ability to improve or redesign procedures for specific construction projects.
Ability to do heavy lifting and perform physical labor.